Thursday, June 21, 2012

Katy Perry: I still believe in love and marriage

Katy Perry
Manic schedule ... Katy Perry on tour

KATY Perry still believes in marriage - even though her union with Russell Brand ended after just 14 months.

The singer split from the British comic over New Year and their divorce will be finalised in a couple of weeks.
And though their union didn't end well, she insists she has no regrets.
Katy, who is currently seeing Florence + the Machine guitarist Robert Ackroyd said: “I still believe in love and marriage.
“I’ve just learned lessons along the way. I regret nothing.”
Last January, the 27-year-old beauty embarked on a 124-date world tour which ran until January this year and the pop star admits she was occasionally overwhelmed by her personal problems.
She said: “What was going on in my personal life was so overwhelming that I had to bend over to let those tears fall straight out of my eye sockets and not my false lashes just as I’m about to go up on that ramp and sing Teenage Dream.

Katy Perry and Russell Brand
All smiles ... Katy and Russell before their troubles set in
“I had to smack myself across the face and say, ‘These problems are my problems, they are not my audience’s problems, learn to separate that.’” Katy also said that she’s concentrating more on her career than partying - and is even setting up her own record label.
She said: "I'm preparing for it now. And when this record label does come to fruition, I'm going to try and avoid the things that take away any fighting chance for an artist to have financial success.
"As people are coming to me with opportunities, I'm thinking: 'How would I want to be treated?'"
By setting up her own label, Katy - who has been signed to EMI's Capitol Records since 2007 - will follow in the footsteps of Madonna, who started Maverick Records under Warner Music Group in the 1990s; Frank Sinatra, who founded Reprise; and Prince, who created Paisley Park Records in 1985.
Meanwhile Robert has opened up about his relationship with Katy.
“She’s the real deal. She loves London, so I’m just showing her the sights,” he said, adding it wasn’t just about sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...